Thursday, April 23, 2009

High Country and Rescue Squad 5K's


It's a two for one special :) I'm not exceptionally proud of my performance at either of these races, which I guess is why I haven't written about them until now.

The High Country 5K was in Birmingham, AL. It was supposed to be a group affair, but I ended up running it alone because my buddy had injuries. I really tried to start out slow, but the first 1.5 miles was all downhill. Yeah, you know what that means. The last 1.5 was uphill. It killed me. I mean, brutal. The highlight of the day was getting to meet Jeff Galloway. He is a pretty awesome guy. And, it felt pretty good to have someone of that caliber tell me that I'm doing good :)

The Rescue Squad 5K was one that I found out about couple of days before the race. I hadn't planned on running it, but it was local and I couldn't help myself. It was completely run the the state park near my house. I run there a lot on the trails, but never thought to run the roads. The turnout was VERY small. (probably due to the lack of exposure) It was a cool race though. I'm getting to know some of the local runners, all of whom are faster than me. Every one of them was waiting at the finish line to cheer me on and give high fives at the end. It was a fun race, but one of my slowest. very hilly. I'm beginning to see a pattern here. Yeah, I need to do some hill work. I scored hardware though. Possibly by default, but it's ok. I got my butt up early on a Saturday to run in the rain. I'll take it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!