Sunday, October 12, 2008

Rock Climbing

We decided to take a few of the teenagers from church rock climbing this weekend. I think they are an age group that gets overlooked too often because adults are afraid of them. I guess either I'm not that old yet, or I'm not easily intimidated, but I enjoy taking them to do things. There are a couple of kids that had a great time, and were very vocal about it. Two of the girls were very quiet though, and I didn't think they had a good time at all. My father-in-law cornered me at church this morning to tell me that those two girls' dad had mentioned to him that they really had a great time, and that we would never know how much it meant to them all that we would do something like that with/for them. It really made me feel good and also feel that maybe I'm actually making a difference to someone. It sounds silly I guess, but you never know how much a small action can mean to someone else.



1 comment:

CurrentlyVince said...

Fun!

I used to help out with the church youth group here. After I get settled in my new neighborhood and find a church I like, I might get involved with something like that again.