Sunday, November 23, 2008

in the mood for change

I've been in one of those moods lately. I don't know what is triggering it, but I'm starting to get back into the mindset that I had back when I started running. I'm tired of the way things have been. I'm tired of being in a downward spiral and feeling like there's nothing I can do about it. It's time to take control again and shape up. No more blaming my issues on medical problems. No more excuses. My real moment of truth came the other day when I saw myself in a picture and hated what I saw. I'm finally healthy again, so I can run. When I started running in the first place, I used the word 'discipline' as my mantra. If I didn't want to get out of bed - 'discipline'. When I wanted to eat something I shouldn't - 'discipline'. It worked for me, and somewhere alone the line, I've lost that. I'm determined to make 2009 a year for change. I want to do a triathlon this year, as well as some road races with my running friends. I have found that runners are the greatest group of people around, and if I surround myself with them I have a much greater chance of reaching my goals. In general we all share the same struggles and victories. Other runners just "get it".
So, thank you to all the special people in my life who support, encourage, and give me a kick in the butt when I need it. I appreciate you <3

2 comments:

Aaron said...

Kick ass. Your 09 will be great.

Kai said...

Here's a kick in the butt for you, lady. Get out there! =D